Plata is committed to providing a first-class service to all our customers. When something goes wrong, we need to know about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
If you have a complaint, please contact us as soon as possible with the details. You can contact us by telephone, email, or post.
What will happen next?
We will do all we can to resolve your complaint on the same day. However, if we need to carry out further investigations it may take us a little longer to respond to you. If we do not manage to resolve your complaint within three working days, we will:
- Send you an email or letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within five working days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
- Investigate your complaint. Depending on the nature of the complaint, this may involve listening to call recordings, reviewing credit reports, or speaking to other departments within the business.
In the event we have not responded to you further within four weeks, we will write to inform you that our investigations are still ongoing.
Once all the details of the complaint have been investigated (we may call you for further details), we will issue a written 'Final Response' to your complaint, and you can expect this within eight weeks of us receiving your complaint. A Final Response is where we:
- Address your complaint points.
- Notify you that you may refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) if you are not happy with our final response and that you must do so within six months from the date of the Final Response.
- Enclose a copy of the FOS explanatory leaflet or provide you with a link where you can find this information on the FOS website.
If after eight weeks we are still not in a position to provide our Final Response, we will write to you and give you our reasons for the delay, along with an indication of when you can expect to receive our Final Response. At this time, we will also provide details of the FOS should you wish to contact them regarding your complaint.
If you are still not satisfied once you have received your Final Response, you can then contact FOS, about your complaint. Normally, you will need to bring a complaint to FOS within six months of receiving a Final Response from us about your complaint or within six years of the event about which you are complaining occurring (or three years after you became aware of it). For further information, you should contact the FOS on 0800 023 4567 or at http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk or you can write to them at: Financial Ombudsman Service, Exchange Tower, London, E14 9SR.
The FOS leaflet “how to make a complaint” is also available online at: https://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/businesses/resolving-complaint/ordering-leaflet/leaflet.
How to contact the Complaints Team?
Contact number: 0238 254 4129
Email address: email@example.com
Opening hours: 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 2pm Saturdays.