When you’re taking out a loan with us, we must confirm your identity to ensure we’re giving out the loan to the right person. This helps prevent identity fraud. We do this using our online tool, Jumio.
Jumio helps us confirm your identity while keeping your details safe and secure.
To complete your ID verification online, you will need to have a webcam on the device you are using.
Yes, you will need to grant access to your device’s webcam to complete this stage. Your camera will automatically turn off once the process is complete.
Unfortunately, without a camera on your device, you will not be able to complete your online loan application.
When submitting your ID, please ensure it is clear, readable, and fulfils all the criteria mentioned during the process.
Here are some useful tips:
- Hold documents steady when taking the photo so they are not blurry.
- Make sure all required details are clearly shown. e.g., name, date of birth, expiry date, issue date, ID number, address, etc.
- The image must show the whole document.
- Take pictures in a well-lit room.
- Avoid reflections and glare.
- Screenshots and photos of screens are not accepted.